Who we are
The Amadeu Antonio Foundation is an independent nonprofit foundation. Its goal is to reinforce a democratic civil society that promotes pluralism and human rights while opposing right-wing extremism, racism and anti-Semitism.
Our activities include:
- Counseling, networking and funding of local democratic initiatives.
- Our own projects in areas where gaps are apparent in state and civil society activities.
- Education on anti-democratic developments, work to support victims of far-right violence, and awareness campaigns focusing on successful counter-strategies.
The Amadeu Antonio Foundation
- Has funded more than 1,350 local initiatives since its creation in 1998.
- Has built a nationwide network of centers to counsel victims of right-wing violence.
- Advises initiatives, municipalities and individuals on how they can combat rightwing violence.
- Financially supports victims of right-wing violence and their families, helping them cope with the attacks’ physical, emotional and psychological aftermath.
- Organizes public events such as discussions and concerts to raise awareness of the ongoing threat of right-wing violence.
- Supports initiatives throughout Germany that promote a democratic culture and the protection of minorities.
- Advises schools, youth facilities and municipalities how they can take preventive action against hate and position themselves in support of inclusion and human rights.
- Calls attention to historical and present-day forms of anti-Semitism with a nationwide campaign and other projects.
- Takes a gender-conscious approach to the prevention of right-wing extremism.
- Promotes the expansion of and provides networking opportunities for a digital civil society that works to counter online hate speech.